The Kindle Fire is surely getting a lot of developer support lately as it gets MIUI 1.12.29 ROM based on Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread. This ROM comes straight from XDA Developers forum member Leech2082. It certainly is another great news for folks who love to make the most out of their Kindle Fire. In this article you will know how to install MIUI ROM to your Kindle Fire.
This MIUI version of Android for the Kindle Fire has a user interface that is said to be more iPhone-like (a good thing if you like how the iPhone’s interface looks like). Every time a user installs a new app in his or her Kindle Fire, it automatically shows up on the home screen. It’s great because you are allowed to arrange the shortcuts according to your preference.
Android settings and notification areas have also been tweaked by the developers, so you can quickly get to your wireless network, display, screen rotation, and other settings from a “toggles” menu. Also packed into this MIUI ROM is a custom file browser, a custom media player, and support for themes. Android Market is preinstalled and works, so you won’t need hacks just to get Android Market. The ROM also has a Button Savior app that activates on-screen home, back, menu, or search buttons from any screen.
So far, this MIUI ROM for the Kindle Fire is working nicely. The audio, wireless, and touchscreen features are working really great. Though, never expect the ROM to be completely flawless.
If you want to load up your Kindle Fire with the MIUI ROM, you can follow the rest of the instructions in this guide.
- A rooted Kindle Fire
- TWRP 2.0 recovery installed on your Kindle Fire
- MIUI ROM 1.12.29 (Download it from here)
Follow the instructions very carefully. Take note that we will not hold ourselves responsible if you damage your device by following this guide. Here’s how to install MIUI ROM for your Kindle Fire:
- Copy the ROM that you have downloaded to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Turn off your device and reboot it into recovery mode. (Wait until you see the yellow triangle on the screen, then press and hold the Power button for a few seconds untill the TWRP 2.0 recovery loads.)
- Make a backup of your current system. Do this from the Backup section in the recovery menu.
- Go back to the main recovery screen and choose the Install button.
- Select the MIUI ROM file from the list on the right side of the screen.
- Tap on the Flash button to start installing.
- The installation will take a few minutes and once it is completed, you just have to reboot your device.
Congratulations! You now have MIUI ROM 1.12.29 installed on your Kindle Fire.
- How to Install Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on Kindle Fire
- How to Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on the Kindle Fire
- How to Install Third-party Apps on Amazon Kindle Fire
This article, How to Install MIUI ROM on Kindle Fire , was originally published at AndroidAuthority.com – Your Android News Source.