Pump some Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich into your Nook Color and check out how it will perform. Thanks to developers at XDA Developers, you can now install on your Nook Color a preview version of CyanogenMod 9, which is based on Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Since this is a preview build of CyanogenMod 9, it is not yet stable enough to be used for daily operation. So, as early as this point, if you are unsure about what you’re getting into, or if you have little experience with Android hacks (or none at all), it may be good advice for you to proceed with extreme caution–or at least ask for assistance from someone who has more experience.
As far as the status of the Nook Color running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is concerned, there are still some non-working features such as the sound, video, and hardware acceleration. Aside from these, there are probably more non-working features that are yet to be discovered, but as more and more people test this ROM, those things will probably be fixed along the way.
For the meantime, you can get this ROM running on your Nook Color by following the steps below. Take note that before you can apply the steps below, you need to root your device first and flash ClockworkMod Recovery on it. Also, make a backup of your data before attempting the procedure.
Once you are done with the two installation prerequisites, you can now proceed to the installation process.
Be sure to follow the steps below carefully to be able to successfully install this ROM on your Nook Color or you could brick your tablet. Also take note that this site will not be held liable for any damage on your device caused by your following the installation steps below. Proceed at your own risk.
Here’s how to install the CyanogenMod 9 ICS ROM on your device:
- Download the CyanogenMod 9 ICS ROM to your computer. Get it here.
- Copy the ZIP file to the SD card on your Nook Color.
- Turn off your Nook Color.
- Reboot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- While you’re in ClockworkMod Recovery, make a nandroid backup. It will come in handy if you need to revert to the original state of your device.
- After making a nandroid backup, select “Wipe data/factory reset.” This will clear all data on your device.
- Flash the CyanogenMod 9 ROM. You can do that by selecting “Install ZIP from SDcard”, then selecting “Choose ZIP from SDcard,” and finally selecting the CyanogenMod update file you downloaded earlier.
- Wait a moment for the ROM to finish flashing.
- Reboot your device by selecting “Reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Congratulations! Your Nook Color will now run the preview build of CyanogenMod 9 based on Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- How to Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on the Motorola Droid 2 Global
- How to Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi
- How to Install Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on the HTC Thunderbolt
This article, How to Install Android 4.0.1 ICS on the Nook Color Using CyanogenMod 9 , was originally published at AndroidAuthority.com – Your Android News Source.