Welcome back to the Weekly Plan Spotlight! We’ve been taking a bit of a break recently, but with the shiny new LG G7 ThinQ smartphone set for release on June 1 in the U.S. we wanted to let you know the best plans which let you get it first.
Has this exciting news passed you by? Check out our very own glowing review of this top device
Now, listen up because we’ve got two possible deals for you. They aren’t as complicated as we might make them sound.
What’s the ThinQ Sprint Deal?
You’ll probably want to team up with a buddy for this one. When you pre-order the LG G7 ThinQ on Flex Lease on Sprint, you’ll get another LG G7 ThinQ Flex Lease free. That’s two lease-to-buy ThinQ devices for the price of one.
You have to pair up your Flex Lease with a plan of course, and the Unlimited Freedom Plan with Sprint costs $60/month with Sprint. The Unlimited Freedom Plan comes with 1080p HD video, 10GB of 4G mobile hotspot, Hulu, and of course unlimited talk, text and data.
Fortunately, since you need a second line for your second device anyway, you can take advantage of the fact that a second line on that plan is only $40/month.
Still following? So that’s a two-for-one phone lease and $50 each per month for the two unlimited plans. In fact if you can use more plans, it’s worth noting that lines 3-5 on the Unlimited Freedom Plan are free too.
So how do the numbers look for two of us?
Here’s how it would pan out for you and your buddy:
- Retail value of the ThinQ: $792
- What you would jointly pay monthly for two flex leases: $33
- Joint monthly total including two lines on the plan above: $133
- What you and your friend would pay each per month: $66.50
So that’s less than $70 per month each for a top flagship phone and an unlimited data plan.
Not bad at all. Any fine print with that?
Naturally. Here’s what you should bear in mind:
- This deal requires a new line of service activation for each device and an 18-month lease. Well-qualified customers are eligible.
- At the end of the 18-month lease, you have the option to buy your devices. You’ll pay the balance between the full price and what you’ve paid so far.
- There are taxes on any device you go with and you’ll have to pay that up front regardless.
- If you cancel your service, the remaining device balance will become due.
- On the Unlimited Freedom Plan once you’ve reached 23GB of data, your speeds may temporarily slow down during times of high network congestion.
If you like the sound of this deal then buddy up and check out the widget and button below.
So what’s the Verizon Deal?
No need to find a teammate who just happens to be in need of a new phone/plan combo for this one.
Here it is: If you pre-order the LG G7 ThinQ with Verizon you can get $100 off the retail value of the handset by making monthly payments.
Even better, you can get a further 50% off the retail value ($375) with a trade in of an eligible smartphone. You might have assumed the trade-in phone would have to be an iPhone X or similar to get the full half-price discount. Fortunately this isn’t the case. We won’t go into the full list, but even trading in Galaxy S7 would do the job.
Both these discounts are applied over 24 monthly credits, so you’ve got to commit two years to Verizon for these big savings. This could be worse; it’s the U.S. top ranked network.
Interesting. What’s the fine print on this one?
There are a few things. In Verizon’s own words:
- Purchase of new phone must be on an installment plan.
- Deal credit is applied via 24 monthly bill credits and starts within 2 bills.To get the full value, you will need to stay on your installment payment plan for the full 24 months.
- Activation fee of $25/line applies.
- Requires a new line of service to qualify.
- If you cancel service, full balance is due.
- This deal excludes device’s sales taxes.
I can live with that. What are my monthly totals going to be?
Verizon’s Go Unlimited Freedom Plan costs $75/month with autopay (not include monthly taxes and surcharges). You can select a cheaper plan, but let’s use this one for sake of comparing the figures:
- Full retail price of the ThinQ: $750
- Monthly installments with the discount: $27.08
- Monthly total for the device and the Unlimited Freedom Plan: $102.08
- Monthly discount if you traded in an eligible device: $15.62
- Monthly total for the device and plan and a traded-in device: $86.46
So there you have it. very competitive value for a spanking new top-end flagship and unlimited everything. Granted you need to sacrifice last year’s model, but at least you don’t need a reliable friend.
If the Verizon offering is more your style, have a play with the button and widget below.
The AAPicks team writes about things we think you’ll like, and we may see a share of revenue from any purchases made through affiliate links.
Compare Phones and Plans with the Android Authority Plan Tool:
Powered by WPeMatico