The third annual Amazon Prime Day will be July 11, 2017, and this year, Amazon is extending the event to 30 hours of deal-fueled shopping.
We have all the info you need right here, including the first details on Amazon Prime Day 2017 deals, promotion availability, and tips on how to prepare for the event.
Here’s what you need to know about the Prime Day 2017 deals event!
Prime Day 2017 Deals – Voice shopping through Alexa
Like last year, Amazon is throwing in some sweet deals that are only available through Alexa devices (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, Fire TV, compatible Fire tablets). Here’s what tech deals you can get starting today, with new deals going live through July 17.
- $79 for 1-year of Amazon Prime. Just say, “Alexa, sign me up for Prime” using Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, or Amazon Tap.
- $10 promo code for first time voice shopping customers from today to July 9.
- Save $50 on Bose Soundlink Bluetooth speaker III – say, “Alexa, order Bose Soundlink three.”
- Save $20 on Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus 2nd Generation – works with Alexa – say, “Alexa, order Philips Lightstrip Plus.”
- Save $7 on Wemo Mini smart plug – say, “Alexa, order Wemo Mini Smart Plug.”
- Save 25% on Philips Hue Go Light – say, “Alexa, order a Philips Hue Go.”
- Save $105 on Arlo Q 1080p HD Security Camera – say “Alexa, order Arlo security cameras.”
A variety of non-tech deals are available as well. Just ask “Alexa, what are your deals?” often to hear the latest deals.
Finally, voice shoppers will get early access to select Prime Day deals two hours ahead of the general public, starting at 4PM Pacific on July 10.
Prime Day 2017 FAQ
When is Amazon Prime Day 2017?
- Amazon Prime 2017 will kick off on Monday, July 10 at 6PM PT/9PM ET and will continue through July 11, for a total 30 full hours. This is the longest Prime Day event yet.
- If past years are indication, Amazon will offer a number of attractive deals on the evening of July 10 and then a new batch of hot deals will begin to go live in the early morning next day.
Where is Prime Day available?
- Amazon Prime Day 2017 deals will be available in 13 markets, up from 10 last year. These are: U.S., U.K., Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, Belgium, Austria, and, for the first time, India, China, and Mexico.
- Users in Mexico and China will be able to get select deals from other countries.
Who can get Prime Day deals?
- As the name suggests, Prime Day is open to those who subscribe to the Amazon Prime service, which includes free shipping, access to millions of tracks, movies, books, discounted devices, and other benefits, all for $99 per year.
What if I am not a Prime subscriber?
- If you’re not a Prime subscriber, you can still access Amazon Prime Day 2017 deals by signing up for a free 30-day Prime trial.
Is Amazon Prime worth the money?
- It depends on your personal preferences and needs, but we do think that Prime is a good deal, especially if you’re a frequent online shopper.
- Here’s a breakdown of what Amazon Prime offers, so you can decide if it’s a good fit for you.
Are the Prime Day deals any good?
- In past years, some Prime Day deals were excellent, and others, not so much. The trick is to stay focused on the real gems. If you’re after tech deals, you can expect some nice discounts on big-screen TVs, smartphones, tablets, wearables, audio products, and, of course, Amazon devices.
- We’ll select the best deals for you and update this page in real time on July 10-11.
- Amazon says Prime Day 2017 deals will be backed by massive stocks, but the good ones will still run out quickly. Stay focused, act fast!
What deals should you expect?
- Amazon will reveal more details about Prime Day 2017 deals as we get closer to July 10.
- So far, Amazon promised a huge deal on an Element 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition, as well as deals on many other TVs.
- Amazon devices like the Echo line, Fire TV, and Kindles are guaranteed to see generous discounts.
- We’ll add info on more deals as they are revealed.
Are there any deals going live sooner?
- Like last year, Amazon has a number of smaller countdown deals.
- Here’s what you can get today:
- Four months of Amazon Music Unlimited for 99 cents (new users)
- $10 for the first time you stream an Amazon Video movie on your TV.
- Up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited membership.
- Six months of Audible for 40% off.
- Up to 35% off on select Prime Pantry items.
- Every day through July 10, Amazon will release more exclusive deals for Prime users. Come back tomorrow for the latest.
This roundup on Amazon Prime Day 2017 deals information will be updated regularly through July 11. Let us know what you would like to see.