Rooting can give you full control over customizing your device the way you want it. Although, the rooting process may sometimes be too complicated that normal users prefer to stick with their device’s default settings.
If you happen to own a Dell Streak 7 and you want to root it, then you’re lucky because there’s a very handy tool that you can use to root it. By using SuperOneClick, you will be able to root your device with just a click of a button. Read on further to know how.
Here are what you need to do before you root your device:
- Create a back-up of your mobile phone data and files, or transfer all files in your SD card in case it gets corrupted or erased during the rooting process. Don’t use PC suites in creating a back-up of your phone data, as such software may produce incompatible backups.
- Enable USB Debugging. You can do this by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Make sure your device has at least 60% power to keep your device functional during the rooting process.
- Disable all system tools such as antivirus software and firewall programs. These may interfere during the rooting process. You will also need to uninstall security software on your Dell Streak 7.
Root your Dell Streak 7 at your own risk. Do not hold us responsible for any damage to your tablet arising from your use of this guide. That being said, here are the steps to rooting your Dell Streak 7:
- Download the SuperOneClick package here.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file into a folder on your computer.
- From the extracted files, launch “SuperOneClick.exe”
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Once connected, click the “Root” button in SuperOneClick to start the rooting process. A message will be displayed when your device has been successfully rooted. SuperOneClick will also install Superuser and busybox on your device.
- If your device was interrupted in the middle of the rooting process, reboot your device and repeat the whole procedure from the beginning.
- If you were not able to locate Superuser after successfully rooting your Dell Streak 7, you can download and install the app from the Android Market.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Dell Streak 7 with just one click. Now that your Dell Streak 7 is rooted, what are you going to do with your device? Will you install custom firmware or an app that requires root access?
- Dell Streak 10 Honeycomb Tablet Coming in February?
- How to Root the LG Nitro HD
- Dell Streak available 13 August $550
This article, How to Root Dell Streak 7 in Just One Click , was originally published at AndroidAuthority.com – Your Android News Source.