Looking for a decent tablet for very little down? If you don’t mind tying yourself to Sprint for two years, you might want to check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. Starting on October 11th, the tablet will be available both online and in-stores for just $49.99 with contract.
Honestly, this is a pretty good deal if you live in an area with solid Sprint coverage and can’t afford to put a whole lot of money down for a tablet. For the WiFi only model of the Tab 3 7.0 you’d pay $200 outright, but with Sprint you can take the tablet home for a fraction of the price and yet also have access to mobile broadband built right in.
Even better, the device is compatible with any Sprint tablet plan, which begin at $5 a month for 25MB of data, or you can even get in on their limited time offer of 2GB of data a month for just $15.
The Tab 3 7.0 might not be the most powerful device on the market, but it’s specs certainly will provide you with a reasonably solid Android experience. As a refresher, the device has a 7-inch display with a 1024 x 600 resolution, a 1.7GHz dual-core CPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage and microSD support.
Initially only the white model of the Tab 3 7.0 will be sold, but the black model will arrive in time for the holidays.
If you’ve been thinking about picking up a tablet with mobile broadband support, you might want to jump on this introductory offer now, as it probably won’t be too long before the promo ends and the price increases.
The 7-inch Galaxy Tab 3 features Android™ 4.2, Jelly Bean, Sprint 4G LTE, where available, a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with video capture and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat. Sprint customers can add a data plan for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to their account for as little as $5 per month (excluding taxes and surcharges). Customers can also take advantage of Sprint One UpSM, a new upgrade program that gives customers the ability to upgrade their smartphone every 12 months.
”You can’t go wrong with the incredible special offer we developed for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 that allows customers to purchase one of the best tablets available at the easily affordable price of $49.99 and add it to their account starting at only $5 per month,” said David Owens, vice president-Product Development, Sprint. “With a bright and colorful display and access to the Sprint 4G LTE network, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 rounds out Sprint’s robust device portfolio to ensure that we offer a tablet or smartphone that will meet anyone’s needs. Business users will appreciate the big-time productivity features of this easily portable tablet, while consumers will appreciate its portability and versatility for communicating with friends and family, entertainment and gaming.”
Simple and Convenient
Buying a tablet for the first time? Galaxy Tab 3 makes it easy for a first-time tablet owner or experienced user.
· Galaxy Tab 3 has a similar look and feel to Galaxy smartphones, so users find it intuitive to use.
· Connect to loved ones from afar using the clear 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera on Galaxy Tab 3 for video chat in Google Talk, Skype and more.
· Samsung Hub™ makes it easy to buy music, books, movies and games with a full library of content powered by some of the biggest names in entertainment on Galaxy Tab 3. The apps can also be accessed freely on any Galaxy device.
· Enjoy access to more than a million apps from Google Play™. Already own apps on a Galaxy smartphone? Then easily access all those already purchased apps or download more on Galaxy Tab 3.
Enjoy Some Downtime
Managing a household and relaxing at home have never been easier. Galaxy Tab 3 includes a variety of features that make it easy to relax and enjoy some free time.
· Samsung WatchON™ is the ultimate TV and movie app – recommending programming based on personal tastes. Built with the same IR blaster as a standard TV remote, Galaxy Tab 3 can be used as a universal remote control for almost any TV or DVR, so users can change the channel directly from the tablet. When paired with a Samsung Smart TV, users can enjoy a seamless experience between Galaxy Tab 3 and TV – start a movie on the TV and continue watching it on Galaxy Tab 3.
· Galaxy Tab 3 offers a brilliant display, making it a favorite device for game lovers.
· Small enough to take anywhere1 and large enough to easily read, Galaxy Tab 3 makes it easy to relax with a good book or magazine with access to some of the top bookstore apps.
Get Work Done
Galaxy Tab 3 is incredibly portable, making it easy for the mobile workforce to get work done when away from the office or meeting with customers.
· Polaris® Office is preloaded, allowing users to edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere.
· Group Play™ lets users share a game, photo album or presentation in real time with multiple friends on select Samsung devices using Wi-Fi®.
· Samsung for Enterprise (SAFE™) ensures that businesses have the security and control they require to protect the company.
· Quickly and easily access corporate email, meeting details, contact information and other critical information.
· Securely store sensitive proprietary documents, presentations and other corporate data on a mobile device.
· Wirelessly and securely access data from a corporate network while travelling or working in the field.
· Employees using their personal smartphones in a company’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program remain mobile, secure and compliant with remote management of applications and device features that meet company-specific security requirements.
· 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously.2
Sprint continues to bring a better wireless experience to customers across the country as it builds out its all-new 3G and 4G LTE network. Sprint now provides 4G LTE service in 185 markets nationwide and is aiming to provide LTE to 200 million people by the end of 2013. For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE portfolio and rollout, visit www.sprint.com/network.