Editors note – video coming soon!
The Pro line of Samsung tablets is no longer a secret – the Pro devices have been seen in many rumors before CES 2014, and in various unofficial instances earlier today. However, it’s finally time to look at the Samsung NotePRO 12.2 model.
Specs and features
The NotePRO 12.2 is a 12.2-inch tablet that will supposedly pack various Pro features, at least according to Samsung, on top of what’s expected from an Android tablet. When it comes to design, we’re looking at a large device that’s also heavier than what you may be used to. In terms of design, we’re looking at a thin profile, a large display and a the same faux leather back we’ve seen on other recent Note devices including the Note 3 and the Note 10.1 (2014 edition). While not everyone will necessarily like the design of the device, here are the more important details – what you can expect from it when it comes to specs and features:
- Size: 295.6 x 204 x 7.95mm
- Weight: 759g (Wi-Fi version), 753 (3G/LTE version)
- 12.2-inch Super Clear LCD display with 2560 x 1600 resolution
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor (LTE version)
- 1.9GHz Exynos 5 Octa processor (3G version)
- 3GB of RAM
- 32/64GB storage
- microSD support up to 64GB
- 8-megapixel camera with LED Flash and Full HD video recording and Zero Shutter lag
- 2-megapixel camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO technology
- Bluetooth 4.0
- USB 3.0
- GPS and GLONASS
- infrared sensor
- 9500mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz and Samsung Knox on top
- S Pen stylus with dedicated software features including a few new ones: Magazine UX, Multi Window, Hancom Office for Android, Remote PC, Cisco WebEX Meetings, Samsung e-Meeting. Other features include Action Memo, Scrapbook, Screen Write and S Finder.
With Multi Window, users will be able to split the screen of their NotePRO 12.2 in two, three or even four windows, to replicate the kind of multitasking features of a PC. Hancom Office is a word processing app that lets users work on spreadsheets and presentations. Thanks to Remote PC, users will be able to remotely connect to their PC and work files on that device.
Hands on Images
Pricing and release date
The NotePRO 12.2 will be available in various markets in the coming months starting with the first quarter of the year, although pricing details aren’t available at this point.
Interestingly, the Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO models will each come with bundled software worth $700 including “premium pre-paid, long-term subscription offers such as: Bitcasa, Bloomberg Businessweek＋, Blurb, Cisco WebEx Meetings, Dropbox, Easilydo Pro for Tablet, Evernote, Hancom Office for Android, LinkedIn, LIVESPORT.TV, NY Times, Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z, and Sketchbook Pro.
As for accessories, users will have various devices and protection products to choose from including Book Covers, USB Lan Hub, Universal Bluetooth Keyboard and an S Action Mouse.